I want to use this thread to document milestones, big and small, and hold myself accountable on celebrating them, not qualifying them.
I play drums and sing in our church’s praise team. We’ve been recording music, because of COVID, since March for online and outdoor services. We’ve had some struggles getting the right equipment for mixing and figuring out how we want to record. I got the music for today’s rehearsal/recording Monday evening. I decided to challenge myself and try to be ready to record guitar as well. I am celebrating the following:
1) Being in the key of Ab I figured out the capo to use G chords and transposed them myself.
2) Looking at what the chords would be I was excited to know them all already!
3) I practiced a bit Monday night, tons Tuesday, and some again today before rehearsal.
4) After it took at least two hours to record the singing, drums, and keys due to problems with the new mixer I stepped up to the plate and recorded it. It was rough but I did it!
5) My fingers are getting tougher every day. Tomorrow will be my rest day as a reward.
After listening to it here is where I can improve:
1) Get the hand spread out a bit more to reduce the string buzz.
2) Continue working on smooth chord transitions.
I share this picture to show that while I am exhausted I am pretty proud of myself. I will hopefully have the song to post later. Thank you, Chelsea and Nate, for this “family”, for your great teaching, and for your encouragement!